As COVID-19 continues across the world and the Pacific, the potential infection with the virus is considered a risk to our guests as well as to our team members. We, therefore, have implemented a range of measures to minimise, if not eliminate, the potential of such an infection.
COVID-19 is believed to spread from person-to-person through: • Direct contact with another person (within 1 meter) as they may be infectious without their knowledge. • Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. • Touching objects (such as door handles or tables) contaminated from a cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person – and then touching your mouth or face. Symptoms of an infection may include fever, a cough, sore throat, tiredness, and shortness of breath.
Public Health Authorities advise that the best prevention is via comprehensive cleaning, personal hygiene, and social distancing. At this stage: • The hotel has not been advised of any team members who are self-isolating or should be self-isolating or suspect that they are or should be self-isolating. • No team members or guests are under medical investigation for COVID-19. • All team members are temperature-checked on arrival for their shift to ensure no one has a fever. • We have had no confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Read the latest COVID 19 health advice and restrictions from Queensland Health
BUSINESS AS USUAL WITH INCREASED CLEANING VIGILANCE
Our team has always maintained meticulous cleaning protocols. Under current circumstances, we have, however, increased vigilance even further and are adhering to the below recommendations and guidelines as a precaution.
COVID-SAFE All training manuals and procedures have been re-written and all staff have been re-trained to incorporate COVID-SAFE considerations.
- Increased frequency and coverage when disinfecting all hard surfaces using designated chemical-based products (e.g., reception desk, handrails, buffets, dining tables, guest areas, leisure areas and equipment, guest touchpoints such as light switches, menus, room keys, etc.)
- We do not re-use cleaning cloths for multiple areas or rooms and ensure each guest area has hand sanitizer gel and disinfectant wipes available.
- All rooms are cleaned to the exceptional level we have always prided ourselves on. Separately every touchpoint within guest rooms is cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Our usual cleaning protocols now include increased vigilance with personal hygiene (i.e. regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser).
- We have increased the vigilance in disinfecting all touchpoints, such as light switches, remote controls, phones, door handles etc.
- We use paper cleaning cloths for multiple areas or rooms and ensure each area has hand sanitizer gel and disinfectant wipes available.
HAND WASHING, SANITISATION, AND PERSONAL HYGIENE
These are still recommended as the most effective measure in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We, therefore, provide hand sanitiser products and disinfectant wipes in multiple convenient locations in public areas (including leisure and fitness areas) as well as in the heart of house areas for guests and team members to access and use. Team members wash their hands first before using hand sanitisers.
FOOD PREPARATION AND HANDLING AREAS
For detailed information on additional Food Safety Practices, please refer to the COVID-19 Food Safety Practices standard operating procedure.
BLI BLI HOUSE DINING AND FUNCTION ROOM
- We have spaced out our tables to allow a minimum of 1.5 meters between guests, and allow only one person per four square metres, so that you can continue to enjoy your meal while feeling protected. Seating times are spread out to minimize people utilizing walkways.
- Menus and menu covers are disinfected between every guest. Tablecloths are changed between all guests, and cutlery is commercially cleaned at 95 degrees in our commercial dish washer.
- Automatic soap and paper towel dispensers have been installed at plate clearing areas for staff to use between every table. Automatic hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed at the plate clearing area, and at the kitchen door to ensure staff can sanitise hands between every interaction.
- Food preparation and handling areas continue to operate with adjusted food safety hygiene requirements.
- We have removed buffets from our offerings. All equipment handles are routinely disinfected.
STAINLESS STEEL BREAKFAST TROLLEYS
- Besides our regular cleaning routines we are sanatising the stainless steel trolleys with recommended alclhol Cleaner-santiser.
IF YOU FEEL UNWELL
- If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, we ask you to please notify us immediately or to stay at home, and to seek medical advice if necessary.
Phil and Merryl Greenbury
Hosts and Owners
Last updated: 23 June 2021